Saturday, July 28, 2012

END OF EXHIBIT AT GOURGAUD GALLERY-JULY 28,2012

Today is the day that I remove the exhibit at the Gourgaud Gallery. It was a very successful showing. I sold several paintings, and had a tremendous turn-out at the reception. I received numerous compliments for this show. I am flattered, humbled and overwhelmed. This show, minus the purchased paintings will now go to the Monroe Township Library Fine Arts Gallery (a beautiful new gallery in Monroe Township, New Jersey), where it will show for 3 months.

I must say that this has been an experience for me. It is not my first one woman exhibit. I also did very well 2 years ago, when I had the first solo show, selling numerous paintings, but this one had a more emotional impact for me. I experienced anxieties that I never had before. The preperation was overwhelming, with choosing the paintings, framing, planning the hanging order, the paperwork, planning the refreshments, and keeping track of the invited guests who came. I also was awed by the amount of people who came to the opening and after that (according to the sign in sheet) who took the time to visit my Art Work. Thank you all for coming. It is a very satisfying feeling to see that people from places other than local areas came from locations over 100 miles away!!!!!!

Please see some photos from the exhibit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment