LESSONS EVERY ARTIST SHOULD LEARN
Painters should find their own style through developing skills, deciding what they want to say and finding their own voice.
If 10 different artists were placed at the same location to paint, you would see 10 very different interpretations of a subject.
- Develop your visual and interpretative skills through practice (visual awareness)
- The more you look---the more you see.
- Learn to clear your mind (use your imagination)
- Conquer a fear of failure
- By painting works created by others, an artist never feels growth and confidence.
- Creating only what will sell, misses the entire point- you must paint from your heart.
- Decide what reasons you are painting
- Improve technical ability and detail