Thursday, March 24, 2011

Art Exhibit

                                                                     CLIFF WALK

                                                                 THE FLORAL ROAD

The above 2 paintings were accepted to the South Brunswick Art Gallery. the Show is called "The Roads We Travel."

April 5, 2011- June21, 2011
“The Roads We Travel”
The Gallery
South Brunswick Municipal Gallery
540 route 522/Ridge Road
...Monmouth Junction, New Jersey

Artist Reception: April 5, 2011 6:30 -8:00PM


 CLIFF WALK:
A photo I took when in Newport, Rhode Island was the source for this painting. It was early in the morning in May walking on the Cliff Walk as an exercise walk, with my camera in my pocket, I saw the raging ocean against the rocks. It made for many a great photo, which in turn became the source for many paintings that I did.

THE FLORAL ROAD
When I lived in Staten Island, I visited the Richmond Town area several times. The homes are restored from the 17th and 18th century. I photographed different areas of the restoration, then combined the photos to create this painting. Also, added a few extra flowers from my imagination.

http://www.paintingsbylinda.net/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Paintings-by-Linda/365237511760

3 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Congrats on the Exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attended the opening of "The Roads We Travel" last nght. It was most interesting to meet all of the Artists. The Opening was very exciting. Loads of people showed up.
    See pictures posted on Facebook (Fan Page Paintings by Linda).

    ReplyDelete