Saturday, January 29, 2011

Collage and Painting

                                                  
COLLAGE  AND  PAINTING                                                               
Collage isn't just for a school project for the Art class. I have done a few pieces that incorporates collage and Painting to make a most interesting composition. Having viewed several Artists who use this techniques, I realize how far and how beautiful your creation could become using collage technique.

Here are 2 projects that I have personally worked on. Humming Bird" see my web site, under the   fauna collection and "Lighthouse Fantasy" under Aqua collection.                                                               

                   In "Humming Bird", I took pieces of tissues paper and glued them on in patches, crumbling some of them, smoothing others. I used white glue and a sponge brush to paste them down. When it was dry, I coated the canvas with color and then proceeded to paint over the rough texture. The painting was quite different than working on a smooth canvas.

               In "Lighthouse Fantasy", I used pieced together photos that I have taken, along with pieced together paintings that I have done. I then combined the collection, moving them around to create a story that I wanted with the images. My final step was to sketch in other details, paint them and then glue up the loose pieces.                                    

The final product to be applied to both was a clear Acrylic Varnish.

You can create the most unusual with the collage  technique, taking you into the Surreal world.

I would love to hear your comments on this topic.

These paintings are under Fauna and Aqua collection on my web site.

Web site: http://www.paintingsbylinda.net/

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh you are a mixed media artist at heart. The Hummingbird piece is lovely... I love using tissues.
    k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture created by the tissue paper

    ReplyDelete