Monday, April 11, 2011

Article appearing on blog of Lauren Curtis-I am featured as a guest artist

I am a featured guest artist on the blog of Lauren Curtis.
This is a copy of the blog she posted.

April 11, 2011 at 6:16 pm (Uncategorized)
New guest artist on my blog! Linda Gilbert’s inspired paintings: http://ping.fm/CDD8I

Guest Artist Linda Gilbert; Inspired Paintings

Happy Spring All! (or Fall, depending on where you are on the globe).  I currently have a solo photography exhibit at Gourgaud Gallery in Cranbury, NJ…the opening went well with a great turnout, the 1st sale and excellent press including an interview by Bob & Linda Gilbert, active members of the gallery.  Well, Linda is a painter as well so I thought I’d return the favor and feature a blog about her and her inspired artwork…so take it away Linda!
Following my retirement from teaching Art in the Public Schools in Brooklyn and Staten Island, New York, I returned to my true passion of creating inspired paintings, many of which are featured on my website.

Additionally, I am currently teaching an Acrylic Painting class at the United Federation of Teachers in Manalapan, NJ.  I also recently created an Art program for residents of the Renaissance at Cranbury Crossing, NJ where I instructed Painting.
My photos are a source for my paintings. I communicate my emotions, imagination and thoughts by painting landscapes, seascapes, fantasy, people, animals, and interesting architecture. I tell the story of my mind through my art work, altering reality to create a whimsical world.
Here are her websites:
I recently became a member of the Gourgaud Gallery (Cranbury Arts Council). I work the Gourgaud Gallery Fan Page on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Gourgaud-Gallery/108657442495068?sk=wall
and the Gourgaud Gallery Blog. http://gourgaudgallery.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment