Monday, April 18, 2011

Rainbow Through the Canyon

                                                             Rainbow Through the Canyon
Just uploaded this to my web site: www.PaintingsbyLinda.net.
In the Surreal category.

I had some difficulty deciding what category to upload this painting. Where it is a memory of my trip to Bryce and Grand Canyons a couple of years ago, it is also a "put together" painting from several of my photos. I felt that it was surreal, as no such scene existed. I was going to include it in Flora and perhaps Fauna (the horse), but had more of a surreal feel for me.

Funny, how things and ideas overlap. Perhaps categories and generalizations are not necessary----included in real life situations?????

I think that my gut feeling a fantasy world is here in this paintings, and several of my paintings, so therefore, Surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment